History & Renovation
Braidmead house was first constructed in 1851 for a ships captain and has been many things over the years, including a doctors, a dentist and some rumours of even a house of ill repute.
The house fell gradually into a state of disrepair over the years and infested with dry rot.
Purchased by Jim and Diana Rennie in july 2005 the mammoth and painstaking task of restoration and extension of the house began
Many craftsmen from stonemasons, coving specialists, the best in joinery and roofing tradesmen worked on the project, slowly bringing the house back to its former glory.
The house was literally taken back to its four bare walls and staircase, whilst managing to preserve much of the houses original intricate features, opening four and a half years later in January 2010